A Year in Grenoble

I'm a junior at Arizona State and majoring in French and Political Science. I'm spending my third year abroad, in Grenoble, France. You can read about the city here. This site will chronicle my adventures...

Tuesday, August 23, 2005

My first time in Newark...

Oh man, what a huge airport. I landed at gate 107, deplaned quickly (seat 1A -- woohoo) and checked the 'Departures' screen. I saw my flight to Geneva was going out of gate 95 - sweet! '107' and '95' are close numbers... aren't they?

Wrong. I walked about three-quarters of a mile from 107 to 95... carrying my oversized backpack and bearing a 20-lb. bocce ball set as a gift for my French friend. I swear, the French better still play jeu de boule, or else I'm going to lug the bocce set up into the Alps, stand at the top of the tallest mountain and create the biggest avalanche the world has ever seen. Jeu de boule - hah! More like jeu de cruel.

My flight leaves in an hour and eighteen minutes. I'm going to go grab a couple bottles of water, peruse the bookstore and take a picture of New York City... it's right across the river! Here's individual pictures of me with Mom and Dad. We had a group photo, but it turned out blurry.



3 Comments:

At 12:53 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

A smooth start to a year of adventure! Looking forward to more Pulitzer prize winning quality "blogs".

 
At 5:31 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Avec ton depart, tu te battes mon coeur, mais je te manque.

 
At 5:27 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ahhh, Zach...the parents look so sad to see their 1st born off to another country! :(
But I know they are excited for you, as I am. Please don't spend ALL of your money right away, what will you do without it?!! I worry so!

Keep this up, I'll be checking daily!
Love ya!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home