A Year in Grenoble

I'm a junior at Arizona State and majoring in French and Political Science. I'm spending my third year abroad, in Grenoble, France. You can read about the city here. This site will chronicle my adventures...

Wednesday, September 07, 2005

You've got to be kidding me

After six days in Grenoble... I'm homeless. A fierce argument with my roommate -- she blamed me for breaking the washing machine, though it'd been iffy since I arrived, then claimed it would cost 400 euros to repair! -- culminated in me walking out with all of my belongings, toiletries and foodstuffs (I brought my wet, dripping laundry, too). I gave her 100 euros and bade goodbye. Fortunately, friends were able to pick me up and I have the luxury of staying at their place for a couple days.

Unfortunately, I left my Frosted Flakes ("Frosties" in France) behind. Time to mount a midnight raid... leave no Frostie behind!

3 Comments:

At 3:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh NO..you left your FROSTIES...what horrible next will happen in your life abroad?
Have you found another place to live????? The vision of you luking around all your bags and wet laundty is ..hmm funny! Bright side..you're building muscles and probably losing weight?
xoxox Aunt Mary & Uncle Clive

 
At 4:21 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

“In any moment of decision, the first choice is to do the Right thing;

the second choice is to do the Wrong thing, and the WORST choice is to do nothing.”

Teddy Roosevelt

I think you made the best choice given the circumstances and stay focused on enjoying your time of adventure, fully aware that all types of people can be found all over the world.

DAD

 
At 8:56 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It'll be fine, I promise. It'll all work out. Be zen-like and remind yourself that every bump in the road will mak a great story later. Besides, all French people aren't bad - I met a really nice French guy in a bar tonight. ;-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home