A Year in Grenoble

I'm a junior at Arizona State and majoring in French and Political Science. I'm spending my third year abroad, in Grenoble, France. You can read about the city here. This site will chronicle my adventures...

Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Le temps passe trop vite

I'm living in an alternate universe where I'm guaranteed to have the most fun of my life, but the catch is that time passes ten times as fast as normal. Last Friday evening was a fantastic birthday party for my Korean friend Jin. On Saturday afternoon I went hiking with several people from my dorm. Early Sunday morning, Matthias, Jenny, Johanna and I went to Torino and loved every moment. Yes, we saw not one, but two Olympic events. Yes, it was incredible. We got back to Grenoble a little after midnight Tuesday morning. I made it through my classes and am now getting ready for the weekly trip to Le Tord Boyaux. Tomorrow is the last full day in Grenoble for a while since we leave Thursday evening for Geneva, and then Friday morning for Budapest. The itinerary still hasn't been nailed down... and we prefer it that way. Here are a few pics of the aforementioned events; I'll add the full series tomorrow!

This is the inside of the Oval Lingotto where we watched speed skating.


There was a strong snowstorm when we exited, but this pic barely does it justice! I foolishly only had sneakers on, and cheap thin ones at that, so it was a painful few kilometers back to Matthias' faithful Opel.


Pleasant combination of old and new.


One of the main Torino parks.


Johanna and I in Oulx where we watched the freestyle aerials competition before heading back to Grenoble.


An amazing view from Saturday's hike in Fort du St Eynard.


Yannick, Rachel and I on top of the world.


The amazing Korean meal... my first time with Korean food, but definitely not the last.


Those crazy Koreans.


Something hot was happening here.

3 Comments:

At 8:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

OMG could your life get any sweeter?? Photos are awesome..thanks for posting!
xoxo
Aunt Mary

 
At 10:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Z
I am speechless......your memories from this year of adventures will last not only your lifetime but also, as you retell and share them with Daniel and Sean, encourge them both to follow your lead, perhaps in another part of the world. Keep up the trailblazing!
Love, DAD

 
At 11:24 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Holy crap Zach. You're putting my year-abroad exploits to shame. The student has become the master...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home