A Year in Grenoble

I'm a junior at Arizona State and majoring in French and Political Science. I'm spending my third year abroad, in Grenoble, France. You can read about the city here. This site will chronicle my adventures...

Saturday, October 22, 2005

An early Halloween

Sarah carving a pumpkin that Mom sent... this would be a three-day affair and her fingers were bruised afterwards. Styrofoam pumpkins are much less reluctant to be carved than real pumpkins.


Wow, she looks French! In fact, everyone assumed she was until she told them differently. I thought it might help us get better service in restaurants, but they seem to treat everyone with equal disinterest.


We visited the Grenoble Museum - it had an incredible assortment of classical and contemporary art. I was utterly fascinated by this huge sphere made of thin metal rods. Its diameter is at least 10 feet.


The libertarian in me perked up at this piece, "Surveillance is Your Reason to Be."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home