A Year in Grenoble

I'm a junior at Arizona State and majoring in French and Political Science. I'm spending my third year abroad, in Grenoble, France. You can read about the city here. This site will chronicle my adventures...

Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Happy Birthday Jin

My friend Jin, playing it cool after certain people who will remain nameless conspired to throw his birthday cake in his face as soon as he finished blowing out the candles.


All was well, though, especially after he started opening his presents - the best one was definitely the Allen Iverson jersey.


One of the people in this picture is different from all the others. Can you spot which one?


After Jin's party, we headed to another dorm for, yes, another party. A shopping cart (they're everywhere, honestly, it's so bizarre; they're like portable urban ornaments) was enlisted to transport the extra supplies, but Rachel slowed down the progress by leaping aboard. Her hijack attempt was foiled, though, and we soon proceeded.


Along the way we came across this amazing sight. If you've ever wondered how many Spaniards can fit in one car, count the number of figures in this picture...


...and this one.


Rachel, Tarek and I went back to my room around 3:30am to relax and chat. We were going to eat chocolate and watch a movie, but something happened.


Yes, I fell asleep. The next morning they told me that I simply nodded off in the middle of talking and showing pictures. I have no idea how I could have possibly comfortably slept like this. I moved to my bed sometime in the night, but my left leg was sore for a few hours after I woke up.

3 Comments:

At 2:50 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The last picture on this post reminds me so much of your Dad. He can also fall alseep anywhere. Don't worry, we all imitate our parents at some point. Love and miss you...Betsy

 
At 5:24 AM, Blogger Kathy said...

Yeah, it's in the genes! Brett isn't picky about where he sleeps, either. Hope to see you in a few months.

 
At 5:26 AM, Blogger Kathy said...

Wow, you're six hours ahead of us?! That's amazing - I'm getting ready for bed and you're day will be starting soon. Cool.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home