A Year in Grenoble

I'm a junior at Arizona State and majoring in French and Political Science. I'm spending my third year abroad, in Grenoble, France. You can read about the city here. This site will chronicle my adventures...

Wednesday, September 21, 2005

On the way to Nice


On the bus to Nice, we saw some amazing scenery. The busdriver took a mountainous route that was a little slower than the highway, but it was well worth it.


There were mountains as far as you could see, and they were enormous. The villages looked so tiny in comparison.


We stopped for a rest break in a little town. This huge soaring rock was its main claim to fame. It really looks like those buildings are about to be eaten at any moment.


Another picture from the same little village. The mountains were so huge, they looked artificial.


Final image from the little village. I love French clock towers! I hope the new ones in Hamilton County are half as appealing.

2 Comments:

At 3:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Zac..those mountains look huge..well that was a stupid comment from my mouth but its early here! Are you planning on doing any rock climbing??!!!
Ae you still "Homeless?" I pray you obtain an address soon so I can start sending to you..we got your 2nd postcard LOVED IT! ( mainly cause you thought of us!)And of course youre friends with the Brits..theyre amazing people although can be standoffish and cant DANCE to save their souls.but do love their beer!..and if you make a friend of a BRIT..will be a friend for life!. Hmm Germans??? I find them to be cold and pompus know it all's.
Hope to hear you'll have an address soon...love you mean it
Aunt Mary

 
At 10:52 AM, Blogger zach said...

I'd love to do some rock climbing; when I went on a hike with the Germans, we saw lots of rock climbers on a big rockface called "Le Chateau."

Yes, sadly, I'm still homeless, but the situation looks to be improving. I may have found an apartment, and though it's pricy and a little far from school, it's totally furnished.

The Brits have really been fantastic, and the German guys very humble, generous, warm and genial. I met a Norwegian at a party... he had some Viking name and was quite unpleasant. As for other nationalities... Venezuelans have been kind and funny, Colombians and Greeks distant, Canadians friendly but a little biting, Austrian a tad loony... but I'm sure there are people out there who'll fit in any box. Just meeting them all is the most exciting part!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home