A Year in Grenoble

I'm a junior at Arizona State and majoring in French and Political Science. I'm spending my third year abroad, in Grenoble, France. You can read about the city here. This site will chronicle my adventures...

Saturday, October 22, 2005

No flash, please

Here was another interesting... "piece." Unfortunately a videocamera in the room was supervising and thus deterred us from playing tag on top of the stumps.


Here are the aromatic glass balls at the wine-tasting event we went to downtown (read my post for a bit more of an explanation).


Me lurking in the fog at the Bastille, the old fort at the north end of the city. We took the cable-car up Wednesday night and went to a not too shabby pop/punk music concert inside the fortifications.


A kind fellow volunteered to take our picture at the Bastille. The well-lit road on the right side of the picture is Boulevard Gambetta... or Boulevard Jean Jaures. Probably the latter, which is the longest straight road in Europe - eight kilometers, I think.


On Friday we had lunch with Loic and Megan at the Buffalo Grill. I wanted to saddle up on the mighty plastic bison, but it was raining and I was concerned about goring myself on his rather pointy horns.


My awesome friends: Loic, who has single-handedly helped redeem an entire nation, and Megan, who makes me miss all Midwesterners and will someday be besting Emeril on the Food Network.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home