A Year in Grenoble

I'm a junior at Arizona State and majoring in French and Political Science. I'm spending my third year abroad, in Grenoble, France. You can read about the city here. This site will chronicle my adventures...

Saturday, November 05, 2005

The Golden Nugget

Lina, me, Rachel and Jeff at a random German service station. Almost every gas station we stopped at had a full-scale buffet with piping hot food - even at 11:30pm. I had some tasty soup - vegetable beef, I hope.


In the Golden Nugget! Yes, that is the Confederate flag, and yes, that is a one LITER can of beer on the table next to me. I had to hold it with two hands.


The amazing breakfast facilities at Golden Nugget - now imagine it with several friendly and helpful German ladies offering you hot chocolate, tea and coffee. There were two other tables also, one offering salmon and cheese and the other with pastries, donuts and muffins.||

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home