A Year in Grenoble

I'm a junior at Arizona State and majoring in French and Political Science. I'm spending my third year abroad, in Grenoble, France. You can read about the city here. This site will chronicle my adventures...

Thursday, February 23, 2006

Allez St. Eynard

I think this might be part of the village of St. Eynard, tucked away in the mountains (but it's only about 30 minutes from Grenoble). We began our hour-long trek here.


Well, we would begin it soon.


As soon as I pushed Tarek into the snow (honestly, he pushed me first).


We climbed and hiked and climbed and then suddenly over the crest of a slope, we saw... this. Breathtaking.


The city of Grenoble (and a few others, like Meylan, St Martin d'Heres, Gieres, Echirolles, Coroc). This is where I live!


And this is me, sporting an oh-so sexy headband and weeks of unshaven scruff.


A mysterious cave we investigated. Inside, we found loads of icicles and thus had to...


Play pirates!


I played a very wild-eyed pirate.


The crew, L-R: Matthias, Ben, Tarek, moi, Rachel, Antonio and Francesco. Yes, everyone is pretty much from the country that their name sounds like.

1 Comments:

At 5:47 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Zach..this adventure ( schooling) is brillant! I love the postcards and have saved em all! Wish your Dad and kathy and I had this experience...ahhhhhhhhhh we must live thru yours! Cant wait to see the new posting with pic's! love you>>mean it
Aunt Mary

 

Post a Comment

<< Home