A Year in Grenoble

I'm a junior at Arizona State and majoring in French and Political Science. I'm spending my third year abroad, in Grenoble, France. You can read about the city here. This site will chronicle my adventures...

Saturday, November 05, 2005

Germany, continued; Welcome to the Czech Republic

Exterior of the Golden Nugget... yes, this really was in Germany.


The girls loading the car. Jeff and I were wandering around looking at all the BMWs, Audis and Mercedes while they did the heavy lifting.


Nuremberg had awesome fortifications... I wish we could've spent longer touring the city!


'Ausfahrt' - the German word for 'exit.' For a while the girls were awed and considered it Germany's largest city since it appeared at every offramp. You can imagine how we pronounced it.


Isabelle driving on the Autobahn at 150km/h, around 93mph. Even at this speed, the Porsches and Volkswagens flew by us.


Czech Republic countryside... I suspect that's a submerged bridge in the background.


This is what we usually saw when the train stopped.


These little train-buses were everywhere in train stations! They were so little but always jam-packed with passengers.


A teaser image (The National Museum) from Wencelas Square in Prague... I adore Praha.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home