A Year in Grenoble

I'm a junior at Arizona State and majoring in French and Political Science. I'm spending my third year abroad, in Grenoble, France. You can read about the city here. This site will chronicle my adventures...

Monday, March 13, 2006

Fifty-five

I'm trying to make a post with 55 pictures of Budapest, mummified hands, Turkish baths, Holocaust memorials and monuments to fishermen, but technical difficulties are crippling the process.

This past weekend Rachel, Jenny and I went on a snowshoe weekend with somewhere in the Hautes-Alpes with IntEGre, an international student group. It was a long bus ride away, and a long hike up a cold, windy path to our mountain refuge, but we had a great time and enjoyed some amazing scenery which I'll be sure to share as soon as my computer starts cooperating.

I fear I'm going to have to cancel my Ireland plans - it's turning out be a logistical nightmare and the dire lack of guaranteed lodging further compounds my doubt about making a relatively hassle-free trip. I'll just have to stay in Grenoble and console myself with the annual jazz festival and snowboarding. Sigh. Compromises.

1 Comments:

At 1:34 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

NOOoooooooooooooooo don't tell me I dont get to travel to Ireland thru you..Oh NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
xoxo Aunt Mary

 

Post a Comment

<< Home