A Year in Grenoble

I'm a junior at Arizona State and majoring in French and Political Science. I'm spending my third year abroad, in Grenoble, France. You can read about the city here. This site will chronicle my adventures...

Monday, May 29, 2006

Home again, home again

I've been home since May 18 - and so busy I haven't had time to update the blog until now. I jumped right back into working with dad, 21st birthday celebrations with family and friends and a pleasant Memorial Day weekend with relatives. The story doesn't end with the beach barbecue: I still have - and will - post pictures from Sweden, Tord Boyaux, sushi night, rock climbing, a rainy barbecue and a momentous farewell party that I can never forget, mostly because it ended with swimming in the city fountain at 3am and dodging wine bottles hurled from apartment windows, an episode that's left me with a cold I'm still enjoying today.

In many ways, it's great to be home - I'm understood 100% of the time, I see my family on a daily basis and my friends frequently as well, Internet access is fast and reliable... and yet, life's just a little less exciting, a little less spontaneous and EVERYTHING IS HUGE. I had a sick stomach during the entire first week back because I followed my French habits and ate everything placed in front of me, foolishly failing to notice that the portion size had increased four-fold. Only now is my gastrointestinal tract recovering -- and I'm going to send it into shock by returning to France 36 hours from now. The opportunity to spend another week of adventures with some of the best friends I've ever has proved too irresistible. Though an obvious youthful folly, it's necessary to avoid a summer tinged with regret and What If's.

1 Comments:

At 4:19 AM, Blogger Kathy said...

So, you're living in Grenoble and visit USA on an as needed basis? Did you get my email and the other photo?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home