A Year in Grenoble

I'm a junior at Arizona State and majoring in French and Political Science. I'm spending my third year abroad, in Grenoble, France. You can read about the city here. This site will chronicle my adventures...

Wednesday, September 21, 2005

Telepherique Part I: The Good Trip


As long as I'm posting pictures, here are two from my first (and much more pleasant) trip up the telepherique cable car system. This picture is of the "zone pieton," the pedestrian zone of downtown Grenoble where cars are forbidden. It's definitely my favorite part of the city; it's very vibrant and always bustling.


Here's a view from inside the cable car, looking slightly southwest over the city. Those two main avenues, from left to right, are Boulevards Gambetta and Jean Jaures. In the picture you can barely distinguish the omnipresent mountains; the city's smog and cloud cover contribute to the poor visibility.

2 Comments:

At 6:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Zach, I am so glad you are having a wonderful time and seeing so much...but please remember to come home in the future...don't stay forever..we miss you..Love Betsy

 
At 10:48 AM, Blogger zach said...

Betsy,
I can't wait to come visit you again in Reading! If I don't see you before May, then maybe we can all meet up at the 500. Penske will dominate this year, right?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home